SmartDRIVE-S3 belongs to the bipolar stepper motor position controllers family. It is a complete ready-to-run unit, comprising a programmable positioning controller, the PWM power output stage, and all the necessary control interfaces. Predefined motion control sequences can be executed autonomously. Additional profiles can be specified via the serial bus whenever required. The output stage features two high performance sinusoidal current control loops. External interfaces comprises opto-isolated control I/Os, limit switch inputs, analog inputs, an incremental encoder interface and a serial communication port.
All parameters and controller firmware are accessible over the serial interface using a Windows-based software.
- Integrated speed and positioning controller
- Integrated power driver with thermal and short-circuit protection
- Operation in micro-step mode
- Programmable idle, running and acceleration currents
- Programmable acceleration and speed limits
- Limit and home switches handling
- Autonomous operation or externally driven
- Accepts industry-standard step-and-direction control mode
- Small size and quiet operation
- Special machinery
- Simple positioning systems
- Pneumatic actuator replacement